locked admin account

This section is dedicated to technical questions and answer. IC Realtime employees will post new threads of conversation and answer questions. So if you have a question, please post it here.
cosmosnicolaou

locked admin account

Postby cosmosnicolaou » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:28 am

Hi,

I've managed to lock the admin account on my nvr-716n. How do I unlock/reset the password for admin - I have physical access to the nvr. Thanks!

Cheers, Cos.

cosmosnicolaou

Re: locked admin account

Postby cosmosnicolaou » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:07 am

and I actually know the admin account password. Is there no-way to reset the lock on the account? I've rebooted but that made no difference.

ICR-JonM
ICR-Tech
ICR-Tech

Re: locked admin account

Postby ICR-JonM » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi Cos,

Rebooting the unit will reset the account lock. If it keeps locking up immediately after a reboot, that means that someone has added your NVR to either their Smart ICRSS software or their ICRSS Pro or ICView app with an incorrect password for the admin account. If you are unable to locate the computer or phone with the incorrect credentials, you will have to either 1) create a new user account on the recorder using a machine-only login account (user or 888888). Once the new account is created, use that account (and do not give the credentials to anyone else); or 2) change the TCP port on the unit, then update your port forwarding rules to reflect the new port number. Once that is done, update your devices with the new TCP port. Give us a call at: 866 nine-nine-seven 9009, and select option 2 for support if you have any further questions. You may also send an email to: tech@icrealtime.com if you prefer. Thanks.
Jon Madden | Technical Support
FL Office: 786-454-9372, Option 2 | AZ Office: 602-910-3432

Return to “Technical Support Discussions”