ICDDNS.com Down

This section is dedicated to technical questions and answer. IC Realtime employees will post new threads of conversation and answer questions. So if you have a question, please post it here.
voyager57

ICDDNS.com Down

Postby voyager57 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:34 pm

I have ICDDNS.com set up on a few systems. The service has been down since last night which is preventing us from connecting to remote NVRs. Is this a known issue that's being worked on and any ETA on when it will be back up? Thanks so much.

forum-admin
Site Admin

Re: ICDDNS.com Down

Postby forum-admin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Greetings,

Yes the ICDDNS server seems to be down. We are currently working on the issue and hope to have it resolved within 24 hours.
Thanks for your understanding.

voyager57

Postby voyager57 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Is there an update on this? As of this morning, the service is still down. Is there a larger server problem going on? I'm trying to avoid having to make a service call to the remote NVRs to reconfigure since they are hours away and in opposite directions. Appreciate any update you can provide.

ICR-JonM
ICR-Tech
ICR-Tech

Postby ICR-JonM » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello voyager57,

The service is still down, and is being worked on. I do not have any more information on that currently.

If there is someone with a smartphone at either location, you may call them and have them get the current public IP using their phone. The NVRs can be accessed using the public IP instead of the ICDDNS address. Once ICDDNS is back up, they can access their recorders using the ICDDNS address again. If you have any questions, please call our support line at: (786) 454 9372, and select Option 2. Thank you.
Jon Madden | Technical Support
FL Office: 786-454-9372, Option 2 | AZ Office: 602-910-3432

voyager57

Postby voyager57 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks for the update. Yes I'm aware the NVRs can be accessed via public IP, however both locations are weekly vacation rental properties so cannot call and ask the current guests to query the public IP for me. Is there any way you can see the last IP address registered if I send a private message with the icddns addresses used? I'm confident the IPs haven't changed in a few days but have no way currently of looking them up since the service is down.

ICR-JonM
ICR-Tech
ICR-Tech

Postby ICR-JonM » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi voyager57,

We cannot look them up from here until the server is back up.

billcow

Postby billcow » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi,

Any updates on the ICDDNS server? Customers are growing impatient.

ICR-JonM
ICR-Tech
ICR-Tech

Postby ICR-JonM » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi billcow,

We do not have any updates yet. We will update the forum as soon as anything changes.

There are a few options to work around the situation:

1. Use the P2P option for the mobile app or Smart ICRSS. There is a P2P video guide for Smart ICRSS here. The video covers adding devices to Smart ICRSS only, but you can add them to ICRSS Pro or IC View the same way.

2. If there is someone you can contact onsite where the device is, they can find the public IP using a smartphone, tablet, or computer and use the public IP address until the server is back up.

3. You may use the No-IP or Dyn DNS option(s) that are included on all our recorders. There is a .pdf document attached that explains how to use the No-IP on our devices.

No-IP_Setup.pdf
(599.89 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

Please call our Tech line at: 786-454-9372 Option 2 if you need further assistance.

We appreciate your patience as we work through this issue. Thank you.

voyager57

Postby voyager57 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:02 pm

While I understand this is a free service, we've gone from an initial 24 hour estimate to now being told there are no new updates almost 72 hours after it went down. Has the problem been identified? Are we looking at additional hours or days before the server is restored? Is ICDDNS being discontinued entirely?

Most of us here work in the IT field and can surely appreciate when tech issues arise that it's not always possible to provide an exact time of something being fixed. That said, I do not think it is unreasonable to ask for a little bit more detail than a response of we do not have any new updates yet after this amount of time.

My unfortunate position is if ICDDNS isn't coming back up soon, I need to make an all day service call tomorrow to reconfigure for No-IP or Dyn DNS that I won't be able to bill for. My customer was patient in the beginning, but can understand his growing frustration when remote NVR access hasn't been possible since Sunday night. It's becoming a security issue.

Appreciate anything you can provide that might help save a long trip tomorrow.

voyager57

Postby voyager57 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:56 am

It's back up! The website itself is throwing a 404 error, but the actual service seems to running since DNS records are no longer timing out and now forwarding correctly. You just saved my day tomorrow. Thanks!!!

Return to “Technical Support Discussions”